Lost and Found
If you have lost or found a cat and live in our area, please notify us right away by telephone: 01728 723 499
or email us – stating the following details:
- Your name and address, including postcode and your telephone number (for our records only)
- Whether you wish for your telephone number to appear on our website (lost cats only)
- The cat’s name, any distinguishing features, colour, age, hair type, sex and breed if pedigree, neutered or not, microchipped or not?
- The date the cat was lost/found
Please remember that the earlier you report your cat missing, the better the chance of finding him/her again. Always thoroughly search your house, outbuildings, gardens and neighbours’ outhouses before reporting a cat lost. We suggest you inform the following:-
- local branch of Cats Protection – they usually have a special number for lost and found
- local veterinary surgeons
- local pet shops
- local RSPCA, Blue Cross, PDSA and any other rescue centres in the area
- the cleansing department of your local council
- your postman, milkman, paper delivery person
- the police
Offer a reward
- posters around the neighbourhood
- distribute leaflets to shops, libraries, Post Offices, garages
- local schools, local newspapers, local radio stations
- local notice boards, including a photograph of your missing cat
your cat does return, DO
inform any authorities that have been asked to look for him/her, and please let us know too if we have put your cats details on our web site.
Please note that lost cats will be shown on our pages for a maximum period of six months unless we hear from you. Useful Cat Protection branch numbers covering the Suffolk area:-
- Lost and Found register – Framlingham & Saxmundham Branch – 01728 723499
- Ipswich branch – 0345 371 2069
- Bury St Edmunds branch – 01284 850887
- Stour Valley branch – 01440 730096
- Anglia Coastal: 0345 371 4202
The following website may be of use in your search for your lost or stolen cat - www.lostyourpet.net
- The UK's National Register of Lost and Stolen Pets
- Registration is FREE* - it's so easy!
- Help Reunite Owners With Their Loved Lost Or Stolen Family Pet
- All Areas Covered No Matter How Far Your Pet Has Travelled!
- *To Register A Found Pet and General Registration To The Site Is Totally Free And Only Take Approx 3 Minutes To Register Your Details - To Register A Lost Or Stolen Pet a £5 annual fee is charged.